Terms & Conditions of Registration & Attendance:
In the Terms & Conditions of Award Entry, the following definitions apply:
‘The Event’ or ‘Award Dinner’ means ‘The British Legal Technology Awards 2022’
‘NLM’ means Netlaw Media Ltd
‘Judge’ means Award Judge / ‘Winner’ means Award Winner / ‘Finalist’ means Award Finalist / ‘Entrant’ means Award Entrant
‘Attendee’ means any person or business attending or registering to attend ‘The British Legal Technology Awards 2022’
‘Venue’ is TBC, London, United Kingdom.
Terms and Conditions
By registering for ‘The Event’ you hereby authorise NLM to share your details, as supplied at the time of registration, with third-party suppliers of this Event only. Sharing of such data is for the purpose of processing and delivering the services for which you have subscribed.
- Upon receipt of registration and payment, a representative of Netlaw Media will contact you via email within 48 hours to confirm your purchase.
- Upon receipt of registration and payment, a VAT invoice / receipt (where applicable) will be issued via email. Tables / individual tickets for the awards ceremony must be paid via credit card at the time of booking. Should payment not be made, the booking will not be completed or accepted. All tables and individual tickets must be paid in full prior to the Event and before admittance to the Event is permitted.
- Approximately 4 weeks prior to the awards ceremony, the main booking contact will receive a link to submit details of all ticket holders and guests.
- Approximately 2 weeks prior to the awards ceremony, the main booking contact will receive ticket(s) and joining instructions via email.
- Table positioning will be allocated on a first purchased / best position scenario. Individual ticket holders will be allocated seats on the evening of the Event. Individual ticket holders cannot request specific seats and seats will be allocated at the organiser’s discretion.
- NLM reserves the right to reject or cancel any booking without explanation. In the case that a booking is rejected / cancelled by NLM, a 100% refund of the table / ticket price will be completed within 5 working days.
- In the case of a paying attendee requesting a cancellation refunds will not be given, however a substitute attendee may be nominated before 11.59pm one week prior to the Event without charge. Name changes and / or substitutes will not be accepted after 11.59pm one week prior to the Event.
- NLM will not be held responsible for any travel, accommodation and / or (non-event served) food or refreshment requirements of attendees.
- Attendees must be aged 18 or over. NLM will not be held responsible for attendees obtaining visas to the UK.
- Category winners and finalists are not provided with complimentary tickets to the awards dinner. All category finalists are required to be online for the ceremony and must purchase a minimum of one ticket.
- NLM reserves the right at its own discretion to alter or reschedule the awards, the awards dinner and / or these terms at any time and without notice.
- Should the Event be rescheduled, these terms remain binding between NLM and the attendee for a period of 6 months from the original scheduled date of the awards dinner. Should the awards dinner be rescheduled, the awards dinner will be held within 6 months of the date of original scheduled dinner and in the case that the attendee is unable to attend the rescheduled Event, a substitute attendee may be nominated up to 7 days prior to the rescheduled awards dinner without charge. Should the awards dinner be cancelled or not rescheduled or held within 6 months of the original schedule dinner, a refund limited the sum of a fully paid table or individual ticket cost which has been paid by an attendee will be offered. For the purpose of doubt, a change of name, a rescheduled date within 6 months of the original scheduled awards dinner or a relocation of the awards dinner is not a cancellation.
- NLM will not be liable for any death, injury, financial loss or damage sustained by an attendee or it’s guests as a result of, or arising from any circumstances, including but not limited to financial losses arising from the rescheduling or the cancellation of the awards or awards dinner by NLM, which right NLM hereby reserves where in its opinion it thinks such action necessary, or appropriate under such circumstances which is deemed to be outside the control of NLM. For the purposes of this agreement, non-exhaustive illustrations of those matters which are hereby agreed to be outside NLM’s reasonable control include fire, storm, tempest, lightning, other abnormal weather conditions, national emergency, labour disputes, strikes, lockouts, civil disturbances, explosion, inevitable accident, threatened or actual war, armed conflict, terrorist attack or nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or the withdrawal or non-appearance of key presenters of the awards dinner. Should NLM cancel the awards dinner, this agreement shall automatically terminate.
- All attendees accept full responsibility for their access, including but not limited to the quality of internet/Wi-Fi connectivity. Attendees acknowledge and agree that NLM and any third party in partnership for the Event, including; suppliers, Event sponsors and Event partners will not be held responsible for any issues resulting from poor connectivity, and/or disruption from any Attendee, or from any related or non related circumstance which may occur prior, during or following the Event.
- All attendees agree to indemnify NLM against all costs, claims, damages and expenses that any attendee incurs as a result of, or in connection with; any breach of this agreement by NLM; or any complaint or claim made or brought against NLM in respect of any act or omission on the part of any attendee or its guest(s).
- Prior and following the awards, NLM will produce a comprehensive media / publicity campaign highlighting the awards, award categories, winners and finalists. All attendees agree to offer NLM the exclusive right to use content, images and film for the promotion of the awards, and for the commercial promotion of NLM and any NLM event.
- Photography and recordings will be undertaken during the live Event by NLM. As photographs and recordings may include images of attendees, all attendees acknowledge and accept that NLM may record, photograph, film and broadcast (via print, electronic means and internet) any image or film footage taken during the awards ceremony. All attendees agree to offer NLM the exclusive right to use any image or film footage taken during the awards evening and dinner for the promotion of the awards, and for the commercial promotion of NLM and any NLM event.
- You do have the right to object to the distribution of your image and if you to wish to removed please notify us immediately.
- No photography, filming or recordings of this Event or its speakers, sponsors, winners, finalists or attendees shall be made, produced or displayed (in any print or electronic format) by any attendee or business without prior written consent from the Managing Director of NLM.
- No articles, blogs or text based coverage of the Event shall be written, submitted, produced, displayed and / or published by any attendee or any publication, website or business for which any attendee represents or submits such content without prior written consent from the Managing Director of NLM.
- During the Event, alcoholic beverages will be provided for the enjoyment of attendees. NLM strongly advise all attendees to keep within the UK legal drink driving alcohol limits. By agreeing to these terms & conditions, all attendees accept full responsibility for their own actions and acknowledge and agree that NLM, the Event suppliers, and Event sponsors will not be held responsible for any attendees actions following the consumption of alcohol, or from any related or non-related circumstance which may occur prior, during or following the awards dinner.
- While peanuts or other tree nuts may not be an ingredients in the food delivered to attendees for the Event, menu items may be produced in the same area as food containing various nuts. NLM, the Event caters, and suppliers wish to advise sufferers of nut allergies, that although best practices are used in the preparation of food served, inadvertent cross-contamination of nuts and nut traces may occur.
- Due to data protection regulations, attendee lists for the awards ceremony are not offered by NLM.
- The attendee numbers anticipated for the awards ceremony are for guidance purposes only and NLM gives no assurance or warranty that the anticipated attendee numbers will be achieved.
- As part of our due diligence process, NLM reserves the right to check / share your details with all relevant legal authorities including but not limited to: The Solicitor’s Regulation of England & Wales, The Law Society, The Bar Standards Board and in extreme cases the Metropolitan Police.
- By submitting your registration for this Event, you consent to NLM contacting you via email and telephone with regards to this and future events / services.
- These terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
By submitting a registration for this event, the participant acknowledges and gives consent on behalf of all person’s mentioned on this registration form to have their details entered onto the Netlaw Media database. The participant also acknowledges and gives consent for Netlaw Media to contact the registered delegate via email and/or telephone for this event only – if you have opted in to receive future event updates, you have the right to opt-out or unsubscribe at any time.
Your details will be entered into the Netlaw Media Ltd database to help us process your registration more efficiently and to keep you up to date with important information in relation to this event, and if specified upcoming events and services. Should you wish to opt-out of receiving information related to additional events and services supplied by Netlaw Media, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe from a recent communication directly.
Netlaw Media will never sell or give your information to third parties without your consent. As a registrant of this event, you have the option to authorise a Sponsor the right to access your data. By selecting the opt-in at the time of registration, you are giving permission for this company to obtain your full details (as supplied at registration) for future contact.
As an attendee of a Netlaw Media Event, should you give consent for your badge to be scanned by a Sponsor representative onsite, or opt in for post event communication the Sponsor may use your contact information to send you updates and special offers about their products, services, including the latest solutions, tips, and exclusive offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Event Security – IMPORTANT NOTICE:
As with all our events, Netlaw Media takes the security of its speakers, sponsors and attendees extremely seriously. Under no circumstances will any person be allowed access to the Event without the following:
Event Registration(s) – Approximately 2 weeks prior to the Event, you will receive your event ticket(s) and joining instructions via email. Admittance to the Event will not be granted until an approved registration, and full payment is received.
Should you experience any problems , please contact Netlaw Media on +44 (0)20 3176 4200.