WHO ARE FIELDFISHER?
Fieldfisher is a Times Top 20 law firm, specialising in technology, financial services, energy, natural resources and life sciences, operating with 1,700 employees across 25 international offices in 11 countries.
Award-winning systems integrator Cisilion deployed Microsoft Teams to replace Fieldfisher’s existing Skype for Business deployment.
Fieldfisher had the following challenges with its existing collaboration solution:
- Skype for Business meetings and collaboration solution approaching end-of-life.
- Drive down collaboration costs while improving user experience.
- Disparate global workforce of 1700+ users based across 26 offices.
- Existing collaboration solution environment was fragmented and siloed.
- On-premises Exchange infrastructure required a complex cloud migration to Microsoft Teams.
- Complicated ecosystem of vendors led to the use of many third-party platforms and a disjointed user experience.
Cisilion’s telephony solution included a hybrid approach, taking into account Teams Direct Routing SIP Trunks, provisioning of new local phone numbers, porting of existing numbers, as well as inbound and outbound PSTN.
As the project included migrating all mailboxes to Exchange Online, a lift and shift of the existing Skype for Business policies and replicated dial plans – Skype for Business was initially the primary collaboration tool, therefore user adoption and change management was vital as Fieldfisher transitioned to Teams to ensure there were no added complexities to the project.
The solution also included the deployment of:
- Attendant console – replacing existing Bridge attendant console services
- Contact centre – assisting Fieldfisher’s IT helpdesk to manage internal support tickets
- Call recording, logging, and reporting.
- End-user adoption services – training workshops, ‘Train the Trainer’ delivered.
All of the above is underpinned by Cisilion’s 24x7x365 Managed Service support.
Fieldfisher immediately realised a variety of benefits and cost savings, allowing them to increase productivity and efficiency within the company and team. The ability to collaborate across their 26 global offices is vital to ensure that they can communicate seamlessly and effectively.
David Lish, Fieldfisher’s Head of IT, stated that “The Cisilion delivery team were very efficient, and their experience made the transition seamless.” He added that Fieldfisher “looked for a Microsoft specialist, who had worked with law firms, and understood how our business operates. It was key that they were experts in Microsoft Teams and supporting technologies.”
In the future, Cisilion will be supporting Fieldfisher in making decisions on how best to use the variety of collaboration benefits that Teams has to offer – including governance workshops and a 10-user collaboration pilot.
Teams has proved to be an enabler, allowing Fieldfisher to deliver new IT services to its staff quickly and efficiently. With one sole vendor addressing their IT posture, the internal IT team is now able to be more proactive with projects instead of managing specialised resources.
Please see the full video case study here: https://youtu.be/Uf3LoDRNKsU